Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our garden of beans





Yesterday we took the fam to Lowes. We are starting a project that involves my kitchen table and some black spray paint. As we were walking into Lowes Kamden said, "can we get some seeds, I want to plant a garden". I was kind of surprised he knew you could get seeds at Lowes. Now that we have a huge yard we have plenty of room to plant a garden so Kam and Brad picked out some good vegetable and flower seeds. Later that afternoon they got to work digging out a spot and hauling dirt here and there. Turns out the spot they made was really only big enough to plant one thing, so we have a garden full of beans. We are keeping our fingers crossed that they actually grow! If they do maybe Brad will get ambitious and plant some other veggies, but I don't want him to rush into anything. Kam said to me after they were done, "mom, now when you need to cook beans you don't have to open a can anymore you can just go pick tons and tons"...lets hope that's how it works out. Otherwise we might have to make a trip to the store and "plant" some beans for him to pick. I know it looks like they are digging a small grave, but trust me there are only beans buried there.

1 comment:

jami said...

Hey let us know how it works out, I bet he will be so excited to find the beans when they grow. Maybe I should do that so my kid will try something healthy!