THEN...on Sunday Tyce came down with a fever. I thought he just had a virus but after 2 nights of ZERO sleep and a still miserable toddler I took him to the DR. Sure enough it was strep throat. Not to big of a deal right!? Just stay home a day or two and it will be over? Well that's not how things work here at the Hartley house, I started noticing Tyce getting these little blisters on his face. By Friday he was covered so I took him the the Dr. AGAIN. This time she said he had impetigo as well as strep and apparently it is a resistant strain of bacteria because the antibiotics he was on (which, btw, are the strong ones because he is allergic to penicillin) weren't even touching it. Lucky us. She put him on a topical cream that is new, and is supposed to be great so we are hoping it works! So far no new blisters but he still looks pretty pathetic! He is my sweet faced baby that looks like a leper...but still smiling :)
So you would think that that would be the end of the story, but it isn't. Yesterday KyKy started feeling sick and had a really high fever (any of this sounding familiar?) so we were off to instacare and sure enough we have strep child #2. I am crossing my fingers that he doesn't get the impetigo to go along with it and that maybe, just maybe, this sickness will skip Kamden altogether...but seeing how our luck has gone these last couple weeks I won't hold my breath!
14 comments:
Holy cow! What a week is right! Are you shaking constantly from all that shock and stress? I would be! It is so horrible and amazing what happened to Brad's car! If that had been the front of the car instead of the back!! I guess his suitcase didn't make it?
Oh my gosh--that IS quite the week! I can not belive that his car is SO bad and he isn't even touched! You are absolutley right he was protected that night! Sheesh! Your poor babies, I hope they get better soon! THey're so cute! :)
How scary! I am so glad that brad is O.k., especially when the car looks that bad! Hope the sick kids get feeling better...hate that!
Hope this weeks is better for you..it can't really get much worse! :) I can't believe his car!
We are so glad that Brad is o.k....I just got andrew up out of bed to see the pictures..I can't believe that!! Poor Tyce...He does still have a cute smile through it all!..I thought I was reading my own blog...I have the same luck as you guys...Nothing is ever easy...Those 2 things are so contagious that it is so hard to avoid it...Hence Jonahs hospital stay during their mission reunion...I am feeling for you guys and hoping you have a MUCH better week!!
I am so sorry. Sick kids are the worst. Maybe you guys are just getting all the sickness out before the Holidays.
Oh my goodness Dest! You need a week at the spa. So thankful that Brad is okay and hopefully the children are on the way to getting better. Hang in there!
I'm praying for you and Kam. I hope that everyone will recover quickly. I can't believe how bad Tyce's face got in just a few days. You are amazing, I think you definatly need a day a the spa.
Oh I'm sorry! That sounds like you have had a rough couple of weeks. I can't believe Brad's car! And how could the semi have no clue that he had been hit? Crazy. I hope your little guys get better soon, and I hope you don't get sick!
Omigosh! I didn't know about the car; so sorry. So I think Tyce's face does look better today. I am glad everything is going well. Hang in there.
Wow! I'm glad Brad is okay, his car looked awful, how scary. I hope Tyce is doing better too!
You're so copying me...:0 No but really, if anyone can sympathize, you know it's me! Didn't know about the sickness, so hope that clears up soon! Hang in there...2009 is getting close!
Did you make sure Brad's new car has a device so you can track how fast he drives? You got to protect your investments!!
I haven't read anyone's blog in a while (obviously), so I had no idea this happened. How scary for you! Thank goodness Brad is ok!
Post a Comment